Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving break - just what the doctor ordered!

Thanksgiving break was restful and refreshing. I spent more time with loved ones than I did with my laptop and textbooks, and I don't feel the least bit guilty about it!

Family time has been extra important to me lately, and this break from classes was the perfect time to pause, reflect and thank God for the special people He's placed in my life. I spent the past week enjoying delicious food and enjoyable conversation with cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents, movie marathons with my parents and sister, date nights with my boyfriend, and a girls' night with some of my best friends from high school. Even though I live at home and I see these people more often than most college students see their loved ones, Thanksgiving break allowed me to give friends and family my full attention without the distraction of schoolwork.

After such a relaxing break, I'm feeling ready to wrap up final projects and study for exams. I'm pretty sure the next few weeks will consist of late nights in the PAC lab and too many cups of coffee, but I'm ready to power through the last couple weeks of the semester.

I hope your Thanksgiving break was as refreshing as mine! To all my fellow polar bears: I wish you the best as we enter some of the most stressful weeks of the school year, and may the curve be ever in your favor!


2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great break! I am stressing out so bad now because I didn't open a book over break and now I am drowning and projects. I don't regret it because I don't get to spend time with my family often and I got to spend every day with them! Good luck these next three weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed break! Isn't it nice to actually sit down and have conversations with your family without (necessarily) worrying about when the next assignment is due? As I get older I realize how much spending time with my love ones really means to me.

    Good luck with all your projects and tests...I'm sure we'll be seeing each other quite a bit over the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete