Sunday, September 22, 2013

Fall favorites

Happy first day of fall, fellow bloggers! To celebrate my favorite time of the year, here’s a list of my favorite things about the season:
  1. Cool weather – Cooler temperatures make for perfect long walks with my dogs, Luke and Jasper.                                                                                   

  2. The change in wardrobe – My perfect outfit: a comfy sweater, tall boots, a scarf and fuzzy socks.
  3. Chili – It’s a family favorite! My parents make the tastiest chili in the world; I'm convinced.
  4. Election season – Yes, I am a nerd. Yes, I do enjoy campaigns, debates and voting.
  5. Candles – I burn one every night. Woodwick candles are my favorite. The wick is made of wood, which gives off a crackling sound as it burns. 
  6. Pumpkin and apple flavored foods – Cider, pumpkin bread and apple pie are some of my favorites.
  7. Thanksgiving – one of the best days of the year. It’s all about family, faith and food!
  8. TV shows – My favorite shows return in the fall: Scandal, Grey’s Anatomy and Criminal Minds.
  9. Hockey games – I love bundling up and heading to the rink to watch my boyfriend play.          

  10. My birthday – On October 2, this means birthday cake, ice cream, presents and a happy Katee!
   What are some of your favorite things about fall?



Food for thought: "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1


3 comments:

  1. I love your enthusiasm for your favorite season but, we may be exact opposites. My favorite season is spring but I do like fall because it's like spring but in reverse, it goes from hot to cold instead of cold to hot. I hate cold weather with a passion that burns deep in my heart and I consider transferring schools every time winter comes around. It's a good thing we have fall though, because it eases us into the winter season, rather than just throw -2 degree weather at us over night.

    We are on the same page with just about everything else. I love chilli (only if it doesn't have beans in it), Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because, it gives me the perfect reason to eat like a pig at 4 in the afternoon. And my birthday is November 13th, so clearly it's the season of champions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite things about fall include: sitting by the campfire in a sweatshirt, the leaves turning colors and watching them fall, hot apple cider, hay rides, Halloween, chili of course, and family time during fall break. However, I must agree with Darnell on the cold weather topic! I hate it and the only thing that gets me through it is the Christmas season, but I agree with you on the sweaters and boots as well Katee! This is a great topic for today, because the weather went from summer feeling straight into cold this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few favorite things about the fall season. I love apple cider because it is so good! I got some at Suter's last year and I remember finishing it quickly. Thanksgiving lets me see family members that I normally don't see. I also love watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! I love the wardrobe change because I can wear more of my comfy clothes. It also lets me wear layers of clothes, which is another thing I love to do. Plus, I love football games, even though I don't really understand the game.

    ReplyDelete