Sunday, September 29, 2013

What I love about Sunday

Sundays were my favorite day of the week when I was younger. In elementary school Sundays meant going to grandma’s house after church and playing in the backyard with my cousins until it was time to go home. Homework on Sundays usually meant finishing a worksheet or coloring something. My, how times have changed.

Now on Sundays I hear a lot of people complaining about the to-do lists they need to conquer before Monday rolls around. I am guilty of this too – anymore, my Sundays are spent playing catch-up or trying to get ahead on homework. Though the evenings are sometimes filled with studying and stress, there are still a few things I love about Sundays.

Church is my favorite part of the day. Being surrounded by my church family, singing praises, and hearing the Word of God every Sunday replenishes my spirit and prepares me for the week ahead.

I can typically count on at least one home-cooked sit-down meal on Sundays, either at grandma’s house after church, with my boyfriend’s family, or at home. During the week it seems my family is always eating on the go, between school, work and meetings. I enjoy Sunday meals when we get to sit down, enjoy the food, and catch up with one another.

Some other Sunday favorites include napping, walking my dogs and watching America’s Funniest Home Videos with my dad. I realize my Sundays are a little atypical because I live at home, and I’m OK with it. I think Sundays are some of my biggest blessings. 



Food for thought: "A Sunday well-spent brings a week of content." - Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment