Sunday, October 20, 2013

Happy birthday B!

My little sister celebrated her 17th birthday this Thursday on October 18, so this is going to be a corny post about how cool I think she is (even though I don't tell her that very often).

My sister Britnee and I are four years apart and we are complete opposites. I have curly blonde hair and hers is straight and brown. She's tall and darker-complected like my dad and I am short and pasty like my mom. I care about school and she cares about sports. I am a perfectionist and Britnee is happy-go-lucky. I am often quiet and reserved and I care about what other people think of me. Britnee has always been the wild child who tells people how she feels. She doesn't hold back... ever.


Britnee is loyal; she is the first person to defend the people she loves. Britnee is hardworking; she has such a strong passion for volleyball and softball and I've loved watching her become a superstar the past couple years. Britnee is strong and independent; she's never been one of those girls who acts superficial to fit in with a certain crowd. She stands her ground, even if she is standing alone, and for that I admire her.

Living at home, Britnee and I argue quite a bit. She leaves the bathroom a mess, steals my clothes without asking and for some reason still has not grasped the concept of cleaning up after herself. But the older I get, the more I realize Britnee is one of the few people I know I can always count on to listen to me, stand up for me and make me feel better when I'm sad.

God has blessed me with a beautiful sister and I don't tell her often enough how thankful I am for her support and friendship. 

Happy birthday, Britnee! I love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment